Thursday, May 10, 2012

Day 2: Breakfast, boat cruise, and spa day :)


I have found that not all hotel pillows are nice. In fact, the ones at this resort are horrible! Rufus agrees. Thank God I brought my own :) I woke up this morning to the sound of some sort of very loud machine the men are using to remodel outside - that was at 7:30. I hope nobody was too angry with them, I am sure there are much meaner people than me here who sent in a complaint or two! The coffee, also not my favorite. This may be because it was so wimpy [wimpier than a traditional garbage bag] ooor it's because I enjoyed two cups of Wampachs coffee last week in Shakopee, best coffee hands down. Next Dad and I went out to breakfast at a little place called Egg Harbor. I got a delicious skillet meal and had banana bread french toast [yum!].

 Following breakfast we perused the shops of Main Street. I could seriously drop everything and move here - I am totally taken away by how quaint and gorgeous this town is. The streets are cleaned, the trees trimmed, and people dress so nicely. At 11 we boarded the Walworth II, a mail boat that drops mail at around 60 different peirs around lake Geneva from June to September! We toured the whole bay and got tons of history behind the various summer homes and lake estates. The Wrigley, Rockafeller, Walker, and other very rich families all have or still own various estates around the lake.I felt as though I were in the Hamptons of Wisconsin!!!
This is JUST the pool house!
It actually made me wish I had worn my large white hat out on the boat with my dress, just to fit in with the narrators grand details of each multimillion dollar estate. Being out on the boat brought me back to a different short lived dream of mine, to own a house boat for a couple years - that dream has been revived a bit for me! So, who knows, you may just find me living it up in a boat a couple years from now!! ;) After the ride my dad and I ended up heading back to the hotel - where I did don my big white hat! We headed out for lunch at some german restaurant where I ordered the beer batter fish and chips - and guess what - I could get the fish baked without the breading all over it!! YUM!!! Not only that but I could substitute fries for sweet potato fries, my favorite!!  When  we got back to the hotel - it was spa time!
Largest place on Lake Geneva!
 I went in for a 60 minute massage. When I walked in they gave me one of those big fluffy white robes and spa slippers to walk around in. While waiting I felt something crawling up my leg - it was a huge wasp!!! The woman behind the desk ran out and swatted it away and then a woman in the lobby grabbed it with a tissue. Freaked me out. My massage was amaaaaaazing. After that little relaxation fest I headed on down to the town of Geneva and got myself a pedicure. My girl seemed as though talking were maybe against the rules but other than that it was heavenly. I have a hard time paying for pedicures because I feel like I could do an equally fantastic job on my own - but hey my dad told me it was his treat so BOOM. 
Now it's off to dinner and then sleep - heading to New York city tomorrow!!! Thank you so much for taking me out here Dad and I am so blessed and thankful for the life I lead :)

3 comments:

  1. Great idea to bring your own pillow. I do it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Thank goodness the hotel i'm in tonight has good pillows :)

      Delete
  2. I always take my pillow, too. Sandy

    ReplyDelete