Monday, May 21, 2012

Day 13: Massachusetts - Maryland

This morning I walked into the living room and took in the wondeful foggy humidity that overtook the bay. After making coffee I rounded up a towel and headed out to the outdoor shower. It was perfect. The air outside the cottage was dewey and sweet, even a little chilly. I took a hot shower in an outdoor shower for the first time in my life and I have completely decided I will have one of these wherever I settle down! Diana and I got to enjoy a little company together before I headed for Maryland at 10am. Although my GPS said 6.5 hours the New England traffic slowed me down 3 HOURS! Every three or four miles of solid speed would be met with 5 miles of going 3mph. Do the math. Obviously that is a slight exagerration but I must say I hardly noticed the time it took to get through Rhode Island because I was so happy I could finally go fast. Needless to say, I made it to Maryland at 7pm and was welcomed by my Uncle Gerry, friend Jill, and freshly delivered chinese food. I am exhausted and so ready for bed. Tomorrow is Washington D.C and we'll see how I feel about it in the morning! :)

Songs of the day:
American Woman - Lenny Kravitz
Forgiven - Sanctus Real
Cowboys and Angels - Dustin Lynch
Easy Like Sunday Morning - Lionel Richie
Don't Miss Your Life - Phil Vassar
Only The Good Die Young - Billy Joel

:) Long day means a lot of songs haha!





No comments:

Post a Comment