Sunday, May 27, 2012

Day 18: Wide Open Spaces

 I left yesterday after eating a scrumptious breakfast of eggs, sausage, and an apple oatmeal bar. Thank you Will and Jamie! I set out for Tennessee at around 11, stopping to visit Eric again before I left. In order to get to Tennessee quickest you have to go all the way up Virginia and then back down - it's really backwards really but if you go straight through the state it takes a whole 2.5 hours longer, due to the mountains. I decided about half way there to take a detour on the blue ridge parkway. Driving along the road I was captivated by how gorgeous the views are.
 I stopped at the top of Roanoke Mountain to release my mother into the wind, sadly I released all of her and I drove back down the mountain mad at my inability to gracefully and carefully do things. Either way, the view was fantastic.
It took a good two hours longer than it was supposed to for me to arrive in Tennessee due to my little 40mph detour into the mountains. It was worth it. When I arrived at the house I was so happy to finally get there. The kids ran out to hug me and I was shocked at how big they've grown! I feel like such an old annoying lady saying that.
I used to hate seeing people and hearing them say "My, look how big you've grown!!" but now I totally understand it ha! Once I unpacked and hung up my clothes we got to "blob" [as Randy would say] around the house until we went to bed. Their dog is so precious.
I have never seen a dog, besides a yorkie, that was so tiny. He's 5 lbs and all white, like Charlie. We also went out to the barn and saw the new lamb, the sheep, the horse, and their chickens - once the latch on the chicken coop is fixed I'll get to start picking up the eggs in the am. I am so ready to be still for 6 weeks in these wide open spaces.


Songs of the day:
Rag Doll - Aerosmith
Love Me - JJ Heller
More Than A Feeling - Boston
Wide Open Spaces - Dixie Chicks
Next to you, Next to me - Shenandoah
Springsteen - Eric Church
The Pina Colada Song - Rupert Holmes




No comments:

Post a Comment