Monday, July 16, 2012

Is that PLUM AND RED??? I cayn't even do it . . .

Saturday was my day with Reignie and Charlie. I woke up at 7 and typed up my blog, watched a sermon, and stalked people on facebook [confessions of a serial creeper]. Once they woke up we decided to head to lunch - we settled on Five Guys Burgers and Fries!! I had never ever been there but it was amazingly deliciously awesome! I must admit, my double cheese burger with sauteed onions, mayo, ketchup, and mustard was ridiculous. My mouth is now watering.


We decided that we'd all enjoy bowling so we set out to the nearest Target to get socks for our little toes - only to find out that they provide socks there. We spent an hour bowling our cares away haha! Really, we bowled two games and took joy in seeing how fast our ball could go [flying] down the lane (into the gutter) until our money had been all spent. It was time for something new.


Driving down the road we found ourselves at a mini golf place. We decided that would be fun and purchased tickets. I think we were the most uncoordinated golfers there. Reignie's ball ended up in the water four times, mine one, and Charlie joined in the swimming as well! Not only that but we were laughing so hard at our various photo shoots that we had to allow three guys to pass us - who ended up being really slow and inconsiderate players as they goofed off even with a line behind them!! We eventually found our way back to the ticket station - Charlie won with a wopping 27 points, Reignie came in third at 47, and I came in second with 35. Seeing as we had so much fun and weren't quite ready to go home, we decided it was time for the batting cages. 






I have never been in a batting cage - and anyone who knows me know that I am terrified of baseballs. I always think they're going to knock me out or give me a black eye or some other painful unforeseen injury. So as I took picture of Reignie and Charlie in the cage I mentally prepared myself for what was to come. When I had my helmet on and bat in hand I plopped the quarters into the softball side of the machine. I know the sign said slow pitch but I could have sworn those balls were flying at me at 100mph! The first few whizzed past me and a few even bounced off the mat and hit me on the back but eventually I found my place. After that I hit 7 in a row!! One after the other I hit them and then watched in amazement as if that couldn't have been me hitting them. When I walked out I was so excited - the picture actually makes me laugh out loud!! 


Once we were finished we went home to change and go out to dinner - we chose a nice little sushi place. Well the first place we chose was not nice, the atmosphere felt all wrong. However the second place was perfect, a nice atmosphere and quick service. We scarfed our faces with sushi and headed over to a little ice-cream place for Charlie and Reignie :) 



The night ended with comic hour and the Jhanke household. We laughed hysterically through Kat Williams Pimp Chronicles,a couple guys I can't remember the name of, and Whitney Cummings,  all of which are not recommended for children or the easily offended but I was nearly crying the whole time I was laughing so hard!!



I would say my little outing with Reignie and Charlie was perfect. It was wonderful to also see her brother Tayler and catch up with the whole crew. I really enjoyed my time and cannot wait to visit again!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment